Course Description: Join us for an immersive and indispensable experience at the Critical Care Cadaver Lab, exclusively designed for nurses and paramedics in the critical care transport and flight industries. This extraordinary opportunity allows you to delve deep into the intricacies of critical care procedures using real tissue, providing an undeniable advantage in your training and practice.
- Date and Time: Afternoon Session on June 10, 2024, from 1 PM to 5 PM
- Location: Wilmington Convention Center Exhibit Hall
- Price: $250
- Instructors: Led by multiple experienced FlightBridgeED instructors
- Maximum Capacity: Limited to 30 students
- Continuing Education (CE) Hours: 4 CE hours
Why Choose the Critical Care Cadaver Lab?
In the fast-paced and high-stress environment of critical care, the ability to confidently perform life-saving procedures is paramount. Here’s why studying with a cadaver is not just important but essential for critical care nurses and paramedics:
- Real Tissue, Real Experience: Nothing can replicate the complexity and resilience of real human tissue. Cadavers provide an authentic learning experience that mannequins and simulations simply cannot match.
- Hands-On Learning: The lab offers a hands-on approach, allowing you to practice critical care procedures on a cadaver under the guidance of experienced instructors. This practical experience is invaluable in building your skills and confidence.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Cover a wide range of critical care procedures, from anatomy and physiology review to advanced airway management techniques, including video laryngoscopy and SALAD. Gain expertise in needle decompression, finger thoracotomy, chest tube placement, pericardiocentesis, and IO (Intraosseous) access on humeral, femoral, and tibial sites.
- Small Class Size: With a maximum of 30 students, you’ll receive personalized attention and ample opportunities to interact with instructors and fellow learners, ensuring a tailored learning experience.
- Exclusive Access: To attend the Critical Care Cadaver Lab, you must have a valid FAST24 conference ticket. This ensures that participants are already committed to advancing their critical care knowledge, creating a dedicated and motivated learning environment.
- Professional Development: Earn 4 CE hours, enhancing your professional development and credentials in critical care nursing and paramedicine.
- Rare Opportunity: While cadaver labs are common in medical schools, they are a rarity for nurses and paramedics. This unique opportunity is specifically designed to cater to the needs of professionals working in critical care transport and flight industries.
- Anatomy and physiology review
- Needle decompression
- Finger thoracotomy
- Chest tube placement
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Video laryngoscope techniques
- SALAD (Suction Assisted Laryngoscopy and Airway Decontamination)
- Humeral, femoral, and tibial IO
- …and more!
In summary, the Critical Care Cadaver Lab is not just a workshop; it’s an investment in your career and the lives you will impact in critical care situations. Don’t miss out on this chance to gain unparalleled experience and expertise. Secure your spot today!